I’ve got a lot of models. It took 7 tries to get something I really liked.
I had some trouble with the shell command on this model too, so I proportionally shrunk a duplicate of the outer hull then lofted between the two shapes’ edges to make a solid canoe. I also had to improvise on the railing to; I couldn’t get the fillet command to execute correctly, so I duplicated the two edges, extended them in either direction, lofted them, then extruded them. Those were the only issues I had with this.
I also added some paddles, just for fun. 🙂
I had some trouble with the final shell command (it kept failing and leaving only a partial shell) during this exercise, so I had to improvise on the legs. I took the partial shell and lofted all of the edges around the legs to make a full shape, then I joined it together as one piece. Other that though, I had no issues!